Where do I begin I guess at the beginning. My husband Scott and I have been married for 10 years and together for 12 years. We met our Senior year of high school and have been together basically ever since. We were married April 10th,1999. In July 2000 our daughter Kaylee was born into the world. In May of 2002 Scott joined the US Army then in January of 2003 we moved to Ft Carson Colorado. Our son Ethan was born In January of 2004. When Ethan was almost 2 months old Scott deployed to Iraq. It was a long 11 months but we made it through and grew even stronger because of it. Scott came home in February of 2005 and in November of that year our son Jayson was born. So with 3 kids life was going good and in August of 2006 Scott left for another long deployment although we had no idea just how long it would be. His unit did not return until November of 2007 which made it a 15 month deployment. Although it was hard to get through those 15 months our bond grew stronger because of it. Not long after he returned we found out we were having another baby and Alexis (we call her Lexi) was born in August of 2008. Scott was away at school for a few months and wasn't able to be there for her birth but my best friend Sonya was and I don't know what I would have done without her. In July of 2008 Scott re-enlisted and we requested to be sent to Germany. Which takes us to now. We have been in Germany since February of 2009 and so far so good. I won't lie it is hard being away from family ok really far away from family, but we are looking forward to the many adventures we will have while we live here! So I've said it before and I'll say it again Army life isn't for everyone but it fits us and has truly made us cherish the time we have together. When your husband has missed the birth of a child, 1st birthdays, anniversaries, birthdays, first steps, first words and so many other things, you have to cherish the things he has been there for. Yep ok that is our story in a sort of nutshell.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment