Saturday, August 22, 2009

Lexi's first birthday party!!!


Lexi wearing the Happy Birthday hat
mommy got for her 29th birthday!

Well it happened,our baby,our little Princess Alexis ( Lexi) Christine is now 1 year old! We celebrated with a Disney Princesses birthday party. It was just the 6 of us, Scott's mom and our neighbors. We cooked burgers and hotdogs and also had chips, dip and pasta salad. Oh and mac n cheese for Lexi. She had the mac n cheese and some hot dog. After we were all done eating we let her open her presents and she got alot of them. A baby doll, a few outfits,a big soft dolly,a Busy Ball Popper,a toy piano,Princess books, a shape sorter, a bathtub toy, a rocking horse , a plate with fork and spoon and some sippy cups. Some of the toys I bought with the money she got from grandparents, I figured that would make it even more fun for her. After presents it was time for cake. I made her a Disney Princesses castle cake. It was the first time I made one of the kids cakes and I think I did a pretty good job for the first try. Lexi didn't seem to understand why we were all singing to her it was pretty funny. When it was time to eat the cake she was trying to be so dainty with it she would touch it then lick her hands and that was about it, although she did lunge forward to try to eat it once,so I took her hand and smashed it into the cake then she started licking the big chunks of cake off of her hand. It was so cute then she dumped the cake onto her lap which she didn't like to much. Then I got her all cleaned up and she played with her new toy. Now we just need to get her a toy box to put all her new toys in lol! Here are some pictures from the party!



A cake fit for our Princess Lexi!

Smily girl so happy to be celebrating her first birthday!


So cute with the bow from one of her presents on her head

0 comments: